Cree Recalls Lamps
Cree has recalled several products, according to Facility Executive.
The site says that the lamps replace two-pin outdoor T8 fluorescent tubes. The 48-inch-long white lamps all are prefaced with BT848 in the product number. The four follow with these codes: 170227FLW-BDG13-2C100, 17040FLW-BDG13-2C100, 17027FLW-BDG13-2C120 and 17040FLW-BDG13-2C120.
Cree is reported in the story to have said that there are 12 reports of the lamps overheating and melting. No injuries have been reported.
The story says that about 104,000 of the units were sold in the United States and about 8,500 in Canada. They were sold at Home Depot and at Amazon.co from September 2015 through this May.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards