Cree Recalls Lamps
Cree has recalled several products, according to Facility Executive.
The site says that the lamps replace two-pin outdoor T8 fluorescent tubes. The 48-inch-long white lamps all are prefaced with BT848 in the product number. The four follow with these codes: 170227FLW-BDG13-2C100, 17040FLW-BDG13-2C100, 17027FLW-BDG13-2C120 and 17040FLW-BDG13-2C120.
Cree is reported in the story to have said that there are 12 reports of the lamps overheating and melting. No injuries have been reported.
The story says that about 104,000 of the units were sold in the United States and about 8,500 in Canada. They were sold at Home Depot and at Amazon.co from September 2015 through this May.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- There’s Money in the Trash