Cree Says LED Upgrade Kit Saves Energy, Lasts Longer
Cree, Inc., has unveiled a 102 lumen-per-watt linear LED upgrade kit to replace fluorescent lamps, which the company says saves 50% in energy and lasts up to twice as long as the standard 32-W fluorescent lamps it replaces.
The Cree UR Series LED Upgrade Kit delivers payback in less than two years, the company says.
The kit is designed to fit into existing T8/T12 linear fluorescent fixtures and to allow users to easily upgrade to LED. The kit deliver 4500 lumens for a 2×4 fixture and 3600 lumens for a 2×2 fixture, and is designed to last 50,000 hours. It covers both two-feet and four-feet lengths, and the company says it installs faster than other retrofit tubes and LED conversion kits due to its magnet design, quick connect technology and form-fitted driver. It is also designed so the lightbars and driver can fit into almost any linear fluorescent luminaire without the need to reuse existing sockets and ballasts.
Pearl Street LED Lighting Systems has tested both lensed and parabolic fixtures, replacing three T8 lamps with the Cree upgrade kit; Bruce Curtis, president of Pearl Street, says the kit allowed the company to not only maintain light levels but also to save over 50% in energy.
Cree VP Greg Merritt says the UR Series is ideal for situations where building owners prefer to retain existing lighting fixtures, including in hospitals where retrofit construction can negatively impact the environment.
The Cree upgrade kit features a seven-year warranty.
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software