Cree Says LED Upgrade Kit Saves Energy, Lasts Longer
Cree, Inc., has unveiled a 102 lumen-per-watt linear LED upgrade kit to replace fluorescent lamps, which the company says saves 50% in energy and lasts up to twice as long as the standard 32-W fluorescent lamps it replaces.
The Cree UR Series LED Upgrade Kit delivers payback in less than two years, the company says.
The kit is designed to fit into existing T8/T12 linear fluorescent fixtures and to allow users to easily upgrade to LED. The kit deliver 4500 lumens for a 2×4 fixture and 3600 lumens for a 2×2 fixture, and is designed to last 50,000 hours. It covers both two-feet and four-feet lengths, and the company says it installs faster than other retrofit tubes and LED conversion kits due to its magnet design, quick connect technology and form-fitted driver. It is also designed so the lightbars and driver can fit into almost any linear fluorescent luminaire without the need to reuse existing sockets and ballasts.
Pearl Street LED Lighting Systems has tested both lensed and parabolic fixtures, replacing three T8 lamps with the Cree upgrade kit; Bruce Curtis, president of Pearl Street, says the kit allowed the company to not only maintain light levels but also to save over 50% in energy.
Cree VP Greg Merritt says the UR Series is ideal for situations where building owners prefer to retain existing lighting fixtures, including in hospitals where retrofit construction can negatively impact the environment.
The Cree upgrade kit features a seven-year warranty.
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Q4 2013 Sustainability Trends - The Logistics, Carbon and Business Data Book
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- 10 Ways to Slash Energy Cost & Reduce Budget Uncertainty
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Select the Right Solution for Facilities Management
- Beyond Equipment Management by Spreadsheets
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems