Cree Says LED Upgrade Kit Saves Energy, Lasts Longer
Cree, Inc., has unveiled a 102 lumen-per-watt linear LED upgrade kit to replace fluorescent lamps, which the company says saves 50% in energy and lasts up to twice as long as the standard 32-W fluorescent lamps it replaces.
The Cree UR Series LED Upgrade Kit delivers payback in less than two years, the company says.
The kit is designed to fit into existing T8/T12 linear fluorescent fixtures and to allow users to easily upgrade to LED. The kit deliver 4500 lumens for a 2×4 fixture and 3600 lumens for a 2×2 fixture, and is designed to last 50,000 hours. It covers both two-feet and four-feet lengths, and the company says it installs faster than other retrofit tubes and LED conversion kits due to its magnet design, quick connect technology and form-fitted driver. It is also designed so the lightbars and driver can fit into almost any linear fluorescent luminaire without the need to reuse existing sockets and ballasts.
Pearl Street LED Lighting Systems has tested both lensed and parabolic fixtures, replacing three T8 lamps with the Cree upgrade kit; Bruce Curtis, president of Pearl Street, says the kit allowed the company to not only maintain light levels but also to save over 50% in energy.
Cree VP Greg Merritt says the UR Series is ideal for situations where building owners prefer to retain existing lighting fixtures, including in hospitals where retrofit construction can negatively impact the environment.
The Cree upgrade kit features a seven-year warranty.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Complex Manufacturing Assets Require Integrated Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room