Cree Says LED Upgrade Kit Saves Energy, Lasts Longer
Cree, Inc., has unveiled a 102 lumen-per-watt linear LED upgrade kit to replace fluorescent lamps, which the company says saves 50% in energy and lasts up to twice as long as the standard 32-W fluorescent lamps it replaces.
The Cree UR Series LED Upgrade Kit delivers payback in less than two years, the company says.
The kit is designed to fit into existing T8/T12 linear fluorescent fixtures and to allow users to easily upgrade to LED. The kit deliver 4500 lumens for a 2×4 fixture and 3600 lumens for a 2×2 fixture, and is designed to last 50,000 hours. It covers both two-feet and four-feet lengths, and the company says it installs faster than other retrofit tubes and LED conversion kits due to its magnet design, quick connect technology and form-fitted driver. It is also designed so the lightbars and driver can fit into almost any linear fluorescent luminaire without the need to reuse existing sockets and ballasts.
Pearl Street LED Lighting Systems has tested both lensed and parabolic fixtures, replacing three T8 lamps with the Cree upgrade kit; Bruce Curtis, president of Pearl Street, says the kit allowed the company to not only maintain light levels but also to save over 50% in energy.
Cree VP Greg Merritt says the UR Series is ideal for situations where building owners prefer to retain existing lighting fixtures, including in hospitals where retrofit construction can negatively impact the environment.
The Cree upgrade kit features a seven-year warranty.
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Combined Heat and Power
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software