Cree SC5 Technology Platform Doubles LED Light Output
Cree says its new SC5 Technology Platform with Extreme High Power (XHP) LEDs can reduce system costs by up to 40 percent in most lighting applications.
The SC5 Technology Platform doubles the lumens out of a single LED and significantly reduces thermal, mechanical and optical costs at the system level. It is built on Cree’s silicon carbide technology, featuring advancements in epitaxial structure, chip architecture and an advanced light conversion system.
The first available family of XHP LEDs is the XLamp XHP50 LED, delivering up to 2250 lumens at 19 watts from a 5.0 x 5.0-mm package. At its maximum current, the XHP50 provides twice the light output of the industry’s brightest single-die LED, says the company.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement