CU Boulder Installs On-Site Solar
Panasonic Eco Solutions North America has completed a 500 kW solar photovoltaic (PV) power generation installation at the University of Colorado Boulder.
The system was developed and built by Panasonic with local support from Lighthouse Solar. Financing was provided by a subsidiary of Renewable Social Benefits Fund, which works with Panasonic to finance distributed generation solar projects in the US.
The new installation will help the university meet its short-term goal of powering the campus with renewable energy, reducing energy usage and cost, while fulfilling part of its long-term goal for a carbon-neutral campus, outlined in the pledge made by former CU-Boulder Chancellor G.P. “Bud” Peterson to the American College and University President Climate Commitment.
The CU-Boulder solar installation is on the university’s East Campus, in the heart of the 220-acre CU Research Park, home to the University of Colorado’s Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP), Center for Astrophysics and Space Astronomy (CASA) and the Jennie Smoly Caruthers Biotechnology Building. The 500 kW ground-mounted solar panels will provide power generation for research facilities and buildings throughout the Boulder campus.
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Support Lean Manufacturing Principles with IBM Maximo Asset Management
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room