Cubs Select Ideal’s Audacity for Lighting Control
Facility Executive says that the team has chosen Audacity, a wireless energy management system from IDEAL Industries, to control the lighting at the park.
The system also will be used in the new 30,00 square-foot clubhouse and fitness facility for the team. The clubhouse is being constructed near the third base grandstand and will be operational on opening day, which is April 11, 2016. The story says that the Audacity system can reduce energy use by as much as 50 percent.
It costs a lot to light stadiums, of course. In July, Duke University said that Wallace Wade Stadium, the home of the football team, will use LEDs from Ephesus Lighting. Last year, the women’s field hockey team switched to the system and cut energy use by 40 percent.
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control