Cummins Offers CHP for Greenhouse Growers
Cummins Power Generation introduced a combined heat and power (CHP) generator system targeted to commercial greenhouse growers in the United States and Canada.
In addition to utilizing natural gas to generate on-site electricity, the Cummins CHP system simultaneously produces heat and beneficial carbon dioxide (CO2) fertilization to help accelerate plant growth. Through the capture and reuse of waste exhaust heat and CO2, the CHP achieves up to a 90 percent energy efficiency and utilization: this results in a 30 percent reduction in the grower’s energy costs compared to traditional utility- and boiler-powered greenhouses, says Cummins.
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology