Cummins Offers CHP for Greenhouse Growers
Cummins Power Generation introduced a combined heat and power (CHP) generator system targeted to commercial greenhouse growers in the United States and Canada.
In addition to utilizing natural gas to generate on-site electricity, the Cummins CHP system simultaneously produces heat and beneficial carbon dioxide (CO2) fertilization to help accelerate plant growth. Through the capture and reuse of waste exhaust heat and CO2, the CHP achieves up to a 90 percent energy efficiency and utilization: this results in a 30 percent reduction in the grower’s energy costs compared to traditional utility- and boiler-powered greenhouses, says Cummins.
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals