Cummins Offers CHP for Greenhouse Growers
Cummins Power Generation introduced a combined heat and power (CHP) generator system targeted to commercial greenhouse growers in the United States and Canada.
In addition to utilizing natural gas to generate on-site electricity, the Cummins CHP system simultaneously produces heat and beneficial carbon dioxide (CO2) fertilization to help accelerate plant growth. Through the capture and reuse of waste exhaust heat and CO2, the CHP achieves up to a 90 percent energy efficiency and utilization: this results in a 30 percent reduction in the grower’s energy costs compared to traditional utility- and boiler-powered greenhouses, says Cummins.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Planning for a Sustainable Future