Cummins Offers CHP for Greenhouse Growers
Cummins Power Generation introduced a combined heat and power (CHP) generator system targeted to commercial greenhouse growers in the United States and Canada.
In addition to utilizing natural gas to generate on-site electricity, the Cummins CHP system simultaneously produces heat and beneficial carbon dioxide (CO2) fertilization to help accelerate plant growth. Through the capture and reuse of waste exhaust heat and CO2, the CHP achieves up to a 90 percent energy efficiency and utilization: this results in a 30 percent reduction in the grower’s energy costs compared to traditional utility- and boiler-powered greenhouses, says Cummins.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology