Curved LED Reduces Glare on Computer Screens
Alera Lighting launched the Curv LED to reduce electronic screen glare from lighting in work environments. The Curv LED’s indirect distribution places light on ceilings and walls, minimizing reflections on the glossy screens of laptops, tablets and smartphones.
The fixture’s curve-shaped housing is designed to wrap around an inner die cast plate at each end. The solid housing provides 100 percent uplight, while the perforated housing delivers 94 percent uplight and 6 percent downlight.
Available in three color temperatures (3000K, 3500K and 4000K) and two nominal lumen packages (4,725 or 5,250) the Curv LED’s output sufficiently replaces two-lamp or three-lamp comparable T8 fluorescent products. The LED offers a projected 60,000 hours of life with 90 percent lumen maintenance.
The Curv LED is compatible with Hubbell Lighting’s wiHUBB wireless control technology.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles