Daikin Takes a Minority Stake in Riptide IO
Daikin Applied Americas has taken a minority stake in Riptide IO, a company that connects, manages and automates building equipment via the Internet of Things (IoT). Terms of the deal, including the size the share being taken by Daikin, were not disclosed.
The press release says that the two partnered in the development of Daiken Intelligent Equipment, an IoT- and cloud-based platform for HVAC equipment.
The deal is another illustration of how the IoT is impacting energy distribution and management – and how vendors and service providers are positioning themselves as the changes accelerate. Recently, The IBM Center for Applied Insights said that by 2020 there could be 925 million smart meters, 2.54 million smart lights and 1.53 billion utility-managed connected devices. Gartner said that there will be 6.4 billion “connected things” next year and 20.8 billion by 2020.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management