Daikin Takes a Minority Stake in Riptide IO
Daikin Applied Americas has taken a minority stake in Riptide IO, a company that connects, manages and automates building equipment via the Internet of Things (IoT). Terms of the deal, including the size the share being taken by Daikin, were not disclosed.
The press release says that the two partnered in the development of Daiken Intelligent Equipment, an IoT- and cloud-based platform for HVAC equipment.
The deal is another illustration of how the IoT is impacting energy distribution and management – and how vendors and service providers are positioning themselves as the changes accelerate. Recently, The IBM Center for Applied Insights said that by 2020 there could be 925 million smart meters, 2.54 million smart lights and 1.53 billion utility-managed connected devices. Gartner said that there will be 6.4 billion “connected things” next year and 20.8 billion by 2020.
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution