Daintree, LG Collaborate for Wireless LED Troffer Control
Daintree Networks, a provider of networked wireless controls for smart buildings, has teamed with LG Electronics to create an LED wireless control system. The companies worked to embed Daintree’s ControlScope wireless communication capability directly into LED drivers used in LG LED lighting fixtures.
Initial LG products with wireless drivers include LED troffer fixtures and retrofit kits. Daintree estimates that, with the LG-Daintree system, companies can expect to save up to 85 percent per fixture in equipment and labor for installing wireless communication. They also predict improved energy efficiency up to 90 percent.
Using wireless LED drivers eliminates the need for using a separate wireless adapter, which was required for granular wireless control of overhead troffers in commercial and industrial buildings.
Daintree’s wireless networking uses open standards for interoperability.
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement