Daintree, LG Collaborate for Wireless LED Troffer Control
Daintree Networks, a provider of networked wireless controls for smart buildings, has teamed with LG Electronics to create an LED wireless control system. The companies worked to embed Daintree’s ControlScope wireless communication capability directly into LED drivers used in LG LED lighting fixtures.
Initial LG products with wireless drivers include LED troffer fixtures and retrofit kits. Daintree estimates that, with the LG-Daintree system, companies can expect to save up to 85 percent per fixture in equipment and labor for installing wireless communication. They also predict improved energy efficiency up to 90 percent.
Using wireless LED drivers eliminates the need for using a separate wireless adapter, which was required for granular wireless control of overhead troffers in commercial and industrial buildings.
Daintree’s wireless networking uses open standards for interoperability.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- There’s Money in the Trash