Data Center Management Systems Set to Boom
Data centers have seen significant growth in recent years as they have become the hubs of businesses worldwide. This has been true even for those firms that do not have a significant Internet presence or work in the cloud.
One of the data center’s largest costs is energy consumption. Data center infrastructure management (DCIM) software has become a significant player in the sector as companies seek ways to control costs. The operational outlook and growth of the market is the subject of a new report from Navigant Research.
DCIM systems have changed the landscape for managing the complex data center environment. Common functionality of a DCIM solution includes IT and facilities asset management, cooling and power monitoring and management, IT load monitoring and management, energy monitoring and management, space and capacity management and planning, change management, and more. DCIM has both direct and indirect benefits. The direct benefits include improved performance in the above areas, which reduce costs and data center risks.
The market for DCIM systems is gaining critical mass. Data center owners and operators are more comfortable with the technology.
Global market spending for DCIM solutions will grow quickly, rarely at a rate of less than 30 percent. In a forecast period that starts in 2013, global DCIM spending will reach $663.2 million for software and services. In the forecast period’s end in 2020, total global spending will reach more than $4.5 billion – a figure that will be nearly seven times the market size of 2013.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control