Data Center Management Systems Set to Boom
Data centers have seen significant growth in recent years as they have become the hubs of businesses worldwide. This has been true even for those firms that do not have a significant Internet presence or work in the cloud.
One of the data center’s largest costs is energy consumption. Data center infrastructure management (DCIM) software has become a significant player in the sector as companies seek ways to control costs. The operational outlook and growth of the market is the subject of a new report from Navigant Research.
DCIM systems have changed the landscape for managing the complex data center environment. Common functionality of a DCIM solution includes IT and facilities asset management, cooling and power monitoring and management, IT load monitoring and management, energy monitoring and management, space and capacity management and planning, change management, and more. DCIM has both direct and indirect benefits. The direct benefits include improved performance in the above areas, which reduce costs and data center risks.
The market for DCIM systems is gaining critical mass. Data center owners and operators are more comfortable with the technology.
Global market spending for DCIM solutions will grow quickly, rarely at a rate of less than 30 percent. In a forecast period that starts in 2013, global DCIM spending will reach $663.2 million for software and services. In the forecast period’s end in 2020, total global spending will reach more than $4.5 billion – a figure that will be nearly seven times the market size of 2013.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Energy Financing Report
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management