Data Centers Join Better Buildings Challenge
The Energy Department announced the first data center owners and operators that have committed, through the Better Buildings Challenge, to reduce their energy use by at least 20 percent over the next decade.
The 19 new partners joining the Better Buildings Challenge are:
- Argonne National Laboratory
- CoreSite Realty Corporation
- U.S. Department of Defense, Defense Information Systems Agency
- Digital Realty
- ebay, inc.
- Environmental Molecular Sciences Laboratory
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- The Home Depot
- U.S. Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Administration
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Michigan State University
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- National Energy Research Scientific Computing Center
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Schneider Electric
- U.S. Social Security Administration
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Similar to other partners in the Better Buildings Challenge, data center partners commit to reducing their energy use by 20 percent and improving the efficiency of the infrastructure across their building portfolio.
In the first year, partners will share their results, report on the associated energy and cost savings, and will also develop an energy metering plan, a showcase project and implementation model. These solutions will be made available on the Better Buildings Challenge website.
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management