Datacenter Monitoring From Upsite
Upsite Technologies’ wireless EnergyLok EMS 300 Environmental Monitoring System provides facility managers and datacenter operators with important data, according to the company.
The firm says that the data from the device can optimize cooling efficiency and prevent downtime. It is scalable system that tracks a variety of variables via as many as 150 wireless sensor inputs. It can track open/closed doors, motion and airflow, fire alarms, gas and liquid leaks, summary alarms and other variables.
Critical equipment, including uninterruptable power supplies and generators, also can be tracked by the system. The EMS 300 includes two wired relay outputs, according to the press release.
The Obama Administration has toughened the power use efficiency (PUE) requirements of federal datacenters.
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management