Datacenter Monitoring From Upsite
Upsite Technologies’ wireless EnergyLok EMS 300 Environmental Monitoring System provides facility managers and datacenter operators with important data, according to the company.
The firm says that the data from the device can optimize cooling efficiency and prevent downtime. It is scalable system that tracks a variety of variables via as many as 150 wireless sensor inputs. It can track open/closed doors, motion and airflow, fire alarms, gas and liquid leaks, summary alarms and other variables.
Critical equipment, including uninterruptable power supplies and generators, also can be tracked by the system. The EMS 300 includes two wired relay outputs, according to the press release.
The Obama Administration has toughened the power use efficiency (PUE) requirements of federal datacenters.
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control