DCIM Lets Data Centers Sell Excess Energy Back to Grid
At the Gartner Data Center Conference today, Power Assure and iTracs Data Center announced the availability of an integrated data center infrastructure management (DCIM) product that turns data centers into revenue centers.
Power Assure and iTRACS see a shift in how data centers contribute to an enterprise. With monetization through participation in the energy market, data centers can accurately forecast IT energy loads to automatically shift, shed, and sell energy back to utilities, becoming a source of new revenue. Combined with new cost reduction strategies including better methodologies for Computational Fluid Dynamics modeling, the data center can be converted from a cost center to a revenue center.
The Power Assure and iTRACS collaboration includes aggressive server consolidation and resource management strategies; increased rack capacities and higher CPU utilization; and participation in the energy market by shifting and selling excess IT energy loads.
This software combines Power Assure’s open API and web services-based PAR4 server performance metrics, IT forecasting, and global energy intelligence software with iTRACS’ open systems Converged Physical Infrastructure Management DCIM software suite.
Power Assure and iTRACS have been recognized as DCIM specialists by Gartner under “Vendors to Watch” in its November 2012 research note entitled “Market Trends: Total Addressable DCIM Market Will Reach $1.7B in 2016.”
A recent study by IDC found that issues with data center power, space and cooling pulled resources away from other business goals.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape