Deals: EDF Renewable Energy Acquires Anaerobic Digester; FuelCell Energy Co-Markets with NRG
EDF Renewable Energy acquired the Heartland Biogas Project, marking EDF’s first project in the anaerobic digestion segment. The 20 MW-equivalent anaerobic digester and renewable natural gas (RNG) facility has commenced construction activities with biogas deliveries to begin by the end of first quarter 2014. The project, located in Weld County near LaSalle, Colo., will use a complete mix anaerobic digester system to produce up to 4,700 MMBtu of biogas daily.
The anaerobic digestion system converts organic feedstock and dairy cow manure into raw biogas. The raw biogas is then processed into pipeline quality RNG. After being conditioned to pipeline grade, the RNG will be supplied to Sacramento Municipal Utility District through a 20-year gas purchase agreement.
FuelCell Energy signed an agreement with NRG Energy for the marketing and sales of FuelCell Energy power plants. NRG will market the power plants to its customer base, offering a financing option utilizing a power purchase agreement whereby NRG will purchase and own the power plant and sell the electricity and heat to the end-user, or the customer can purchase the power plant. The agreement also includes the option of NRG Energy purchasing and owning fuel cell power plants for its own portfolio and selling the power to the electric grid. FuelCell Energy is expected to install, operate and maintain each power plant owned or sold by NRG.
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Dawn of the Building Performance Era
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Johnson & Johnson: Innovating in Business by Making Sustainability Personal