Deals: EDF Renewable Energy Acquires Anaerobic Digester; FuelCell Energy Co-Markets with NRG
EDF Renewable Energy acquired the Heartland Biogas Project, marking EDF’s first project in the anaerobic digestion segment. The 20 MW-equivalent anaerobic digester and renewable natural gas (RNG) facility has commenced construction activities with biogas deliveries to begin by the end of first quarter 2014. The project, located in Weld County near LaSalle, Colo., will use a complete mix anaerobic digester system to produce up to 4,700 MMBtu of biogas daily.
The anaerobic digestion system converts organic feedstock and dairy cow manure into raw biogas. The raw biogas is then processed into pipeline quality RNG. After being conditioned to pipeline grade, the RNG will be supplied to Sacramento Municipal Utility District through a 20-year gas purchase agreement.
FuelCell Energy signed an agreement with NRG Energy for the marketing and sales of FuelCell Energy power plants. NRG will market the power plants to its customer base, offering a financing option utilizing a power purchase agreement whereby NRG will purchase and own the power plant and sell the electricity and heat to the end-user, or the customer can purchase the power plant. The agreement also includes the option of NRG Energy purchasing and owning fuel cell power plants for its own portfolio and selling the power to the electric grid. FuelCell Energy is expected to install, operate and maintain each power plant owned or sold by NRG.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- The Logistics, Carbon, and Business Data Book: Fall 2012 Sustainability Trends
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 10 Ways to Slash Energy Cost & Reduce Budget Uncertainty
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Q4 2013 Sustainability Trends - The Logistics, Carbon and Business Data Book
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems