Deals: Edison Invests in Optimum Energy; Trane Partners with Agilis
Optimum Energy has raised a follow-on investment from Edison Energy, a subsidiary of Edison International. This investment expands Optimum’s financing round announced in June, which included Columbia Pacific Advisors, Navitas Capital and Johnson Controls.
The financing will enable Optimum Energy to hire more talent and accelerate growth of its energy optimization products that converge the Industrial Internet, mechanical systems and cloud software. Edison Energy is focused on providing energy services to industrial and commercial customers across the nation.
Agilis Energy and Trane signed an exclusive North American agreement for Trane to use Agilis energy analytics technology and solutions in its Trane Energy Optics offering for commercial and industrial building customers. The combined software uses high interval energy and weather data to provide energy evaluations of buildings, focusing on energy use patterns and behaviors. It also uses smart meter data generated from existing utility meters across the country to identify areas of poor energy performance in buildings.
The Trane team then works with building owners to develop solutions and remedies to improve energy and operational efficiency. Agilis Energy’s tool delivers 3D, MRI-style dynamic images. For the past year, both businesses have been working closely across the United States and Canada, applying Agilis energy analytics technology to enhance Trane insights about the historical energy usage of buildings. The Agilis and Trane teams have jointly deployed the technology for office buildings, schools, municipal facilities, hospitals and manufacturers.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase