Deals: Opower Plans IPO; Alpha Technologies Buys NavSemi Energy
Opower, a Virginia company that helps electric utilities create energy efficiency programs, is nearing an initial public offering of its shares, reports the Wall Street Journal. The IPO could occur in the next few months. The newspaper learned that Opower has hired Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs Group to lead the underwriting of an IPO.
Alpha Technologies, a manufacturer of advanced power systems for energy applications, has acquired India-headquartered NavSemi Energy, a company that maximizes energy from individual solar panels. NavSemi’s Solar Management Unit, for example, is a product that retrofits a UPS system with PV and solar power, making it possible for anyone who has already made such a system investment to upgrade into a renewable energy system. NavSemi’s customer base in India expands Alpha’s reach into the country and complements Alpha’s renewable energy brand, OutBack Power, according to Alpha Technologies.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds