Deals: Opower Plans IPO; Alpha Technologies Buys NavSemi Energy
Opower, a Virginia company that helps electric utilities create energy efficiency programs, is nearing an initial public offering of its shares, reports the Wall Street Journal. The IPO could occur in the next few months. The newspaper learned that Opower has hired Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs Group to lead the underwriting of an IPO.
Alpha Technologies, a manufacturer of advanced power systems for energy applications, has acquired India-headquartered NavSemi Energy, a company that maximizes energy from individual solar panels. NavSemi’s Solar Management Unit, for example, is a product that retrofits a UPS system with PV and solar power, making it possible for anyone who has already made such a system investment to upgrade into a renewable energy system. NavSemi’s customer base in India expands Alpha’s reach into the country and complements Alpha’s renewable energy brand, OutBack Power, according to Alpha Technologies.
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Select the Right Solution for Facilities Management
- Smarter Asset Management for the Nuclear Power Imperative
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing