Deals: SoftBank, Bloom Energy Form JV in Japan, Sacramento Utility Selects Ecology
SoftBank and Bloom Energy established a 50/50 Joint Venture that intends to address Japan’s need for affordable electricity. The closure of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant after the earthquake has created a significant electrical power deficit, according to the partners. Subsequent energy imports have greatly expanded Japan’s trade deficit while consumer electricity prices have recently escalated by double digits. The joint venture has created a new company, Bloom Energy Japan, which will deploy Bloom‘s Energy Servers fuel cells. Softbank says the JV complements its portfolio of renewable energy such as solar and wind.
The Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) has selected Ecology Action to administer its Complete Energy Solutions (CES) program of incentives and rebates for its business customers. The commercial demand side management program will deliver comprehensive energy efficiency for small and mid-sized business customers with up to 499 kW in demand. The energy efficiency offerings from the CES program will focus in the areas of low cost/no cost conservation, demand/time-of-use management, lighting, refrigeration, HVAC, controls (ADR-capable controls where applicable) and commercially available emerging technologies. The program provides free energy use assessments to businesses in order to determine ways they can reduce their energy consumption and save money.
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards