Deals: SoftBank, Bloom Energy Form JV in Japan, Sacramento Utility Selects Ecology
SoftBank and Bloom Energy established a 50/50 Joint Venture that intends to address Japan’s need for affordable electricity. The closure of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant after the earthquake has created a significant electrical power deficit, according to the partners. Subsequent energy imports have greatly expanded Japan’s trade deficit while consumer electricity prices have recently escalated by double digits. The joint venture has created a new company, Bloom Energy Japan, which will deploy Bloom‘s Energy Servers fuel cells. Softbank says the JV complements its portfolio of renewable energy such as solar and wind.
The Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) has selected Ecology Action to administer its Complete Energy Solutions (CES) program of incentives and rebates for its business customers. The commercial demand side management program will deliver comprehensive energy efficiency for small and mid-sized business customers with up to 499 kW in demand. The energy efficiency offerings from the CES program will focus in the areas of low cost/no cost conservation, demand/time-of-use management, lighting, refrigeration, HVAC, controls (ADR-capable controls where applicable) and commercially available emerging technologies. The program provides free energy use assessments to businesses in order to determine ways they can reduce their energy consumption and save money.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- LED Myths and Facts
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Descriptive, Predictive, Prescriptive: Transforming Asset and Facilities Management with Analytics
- Optimizing Asset and Service Management in the Manufacturing Industry
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing