Deals: SoftBank, Bloom Energy Form JV in Japan, Sacramento Utility Selects Ecology
SoftBank and Bloom Energy established a 50/50 Joint Venture that intends to address Japan’s need for affordable electricity. The closure of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant after the earthquake has created a significant electrical power deficit, according to the partners. Subsequent energy imports have greatly expanded Japan’s trade deficit while consumer electricity prices have recently escalated by double digits. The joint venture has created a new company, Bloom Energy Japan, which will deploy Bloom‘s Energy Servers fuel cells. Softbank says the JV complements its portfolio of renewable energy such as solar and wind.
The Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) has selected Ecology Action to administer its Complete Energy Solutions (CES) program of incentives and rebates for its business customers. The commercial demand side management program will deliver comprehensive energy efficiency for small and mid-sized business customers with up to 499 kW in demand. The energy efficiency offerings from the CES program will focus in the areas of low cost/no cost conservation, demand/time-of-use management, lighting, refrigeration, HVAC, controls (ADR-capable controls where applicable) and commercially available emerging technologies. The program provides free energy use assessments to businesses in order to determine ways they can reduce their energy consumption and save money.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room