Deals: SoftBank, Bloom Energy Form JV in Japan, Sacramento Utility Selects Ecology
SoftBank and Bloom Energy established a 50/50 Joint Venture that intends to address Japan’s need for affordable electricity. The closure of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant after the earthquake has created a significant electrical power deficit, according to the partners. Subsequent energy imports have greatly expanded Japan’s trade deficit while consumer electricity prices have recently escalated by double digits. The joint venture has created a new company, Bloom Energy Japan, which will deploy Bloom‘s Energy Servers fuel cells. Softbank says the JV complements its portfolio of renewable energy such as solar and wind.
The Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) has selected Ecology Action to administer its Complete Energy Solutions (CES) program of incentives and rebates for its business customers. The commercial demand side management program will deliver comprehensive energy efficiency for small and mid-sized business customers with up to 499 kW in demand. The energy efficiency offerings from the CES program will focus in the areas of low cost/no cost conservation, demand/time-of-use management, lighting, refrigeration, HVAC, controls (ADR-capable controls where applicable) and commercially available emerging technologies. The program provides free energy use assessments to businesses in order to determine ways they can reduce their energy consumption and save money.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Energy Financing Report
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Combined Heat and Power
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management