Delhi India Adopts Solar Net Metering
The Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission announced rules for a new net-metering program to provide credits for solar energy contributed to the grid.
Owners of on-site solar will receive credits for their excess energy, and then their local utility will pay them for their credits at the end of each financial year. The reimbursement prices have not yet been determined.
Newly elected Prime Minister Narendra Modi has pledged to broaden India’s solar industry beyond large desert projects toward the kind of scattered rooftop installations that have been successful in the US and Japan, reports Bloomberg.
Photo: India via Shutterstock
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- There’s Money in the Trash