Delta Introduces Wall-Mounted String Inverter
Delta has introduced the M80U photovoltaic inverter, which it says is the first wall-mounted 80kW string inverter available.
The M80U is a grid-tied, 3-phase and transformer-less device that converts the direct current output from a photovoltaic system to alternating current (AC). It offers 98.8 percent efficiency that enables the electricity to be used seamlessly within the building, according to the press release.
The M80U has an in input operation range from 200 volts to 1,000 vots DC (Vdc). The California Energy Commission efficiency rating is 98.5 percent. The device contains 16 fuses and arc fault detection circuits, according to the company.
The photo inverter segment, due to the rising popularity of solar energy, is growing larger and evolving technically, according to insiders.
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management