Delta Products Featured at the 2014 Solar Decathlon Europe
Delta Electronics’ energy-efficiency products will power National Chiao Tung University (NCTU) Unicode team’s Orchid House, which was built to compete at the US Department of Energy (DOE) 2014 Solar Decathlon Europe. Delta sponsored the Taiwanese team to participate in the competition.
Delta’s solution for the Orchid House consists of its Building Energy Management System (BEMS) and its Battery Energy Storage Solution (BESS).
The BEMS includes the Delta Internet of Things platform, Delta Centre software, Delta Expert and Delta Energy Online energy monitoring and control system. The architecture can be customized based on application needs, Delta said.
Delta BESS includes proprietary software that enables a power controller to monitor and control all rectifiers, PV inverters and the Li-ion battery packs inside the BESS through power line communication. The system integrates Delta rectifiers that boast 96.2 percent efficiency and 36.5 W/in3 power density.
The 2014 Solar Decathlon Europe started June 28 and runs through July 14. It is being held in Versailles, France.
The DOE named the 20 collegiate teams to compete in the US 2015 Solar Decathlon earlier this year. The competition will be held October 8–18, 2015, at the Orange County Great Park in Irvine, Calif.
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Let's Do The Math for DR