Demand Response Company Offers Free Energy Bill Analysis
THG Energy Solutions, a provider of automated demand response systems, is offering free energy bill analysis and remote facility auditing for commercial building owners and energy managers to see if they would benefit from an integrated market responsive strategy.
According to THG, the opportunity to participate in demand response programs around the country has been almost exclusively reserved for large end-users with more than 100,000 square feet. THG has made the technology available for commercial buildings of all sizes, but primarily targeting medium-size properties. THG has implemented strategies to control as little as 40-50 kW at a single site.
Interested organizations can send a copy of their electricity bill to a THG demand response account representative who will review the bill and conduct a brief telephone interview with the building manager to identify financial opportunities from load shifting or temporary operating conditions.
Currently, California ISO offers the biggest opportunity for payback. Within the service areas of the three investor-owned utilities – SCE, SDG&E, and PG&E – the costs of implementing THG’s technology is 100 percent covered through technical incentives utilities offer for qualifying demand response technologies. Texas ERCOT and territories in the PJM interconnection also present good opportunities by combining capacity programs with opportunities for price-response.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds