Demand Response Providers Launch Trade Group
A new trade association has been formed to advocate for policies that favor demand response. The Advanced Energy Management Alliance (AEMA), is formed by demand response providers EnerNOC, Comverge and Johnson Controls. IPKeys and Landis+Gyr have joined as founding members as well. Former FERC Chairman Jon Wellinghoff will act as strategic counsel.
“This group will bring the demand response community together to leverage our resources and to work as one voice for sensible policy and regulation,” stated Rick Counihan of EnerNOC and chair of AEMA.
The mission of the AEMA is to advocate policies that compensate customers to manage their energy usage, in turn making the electric grid more efficient and less expensive.
Chairman Wellinghoff said, “While the markets for demand response and consumer engagement have evolved, especially during my tenure at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, we have a great deal of work left to do both at the federal and state level.”
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts