Demand Response Providers Launch Trade Group
A new trade association has been formed to advocate for policies that favor demand response. The Advanced Energy Management Alliance (AEMA), is formed by demand response providers EnerNOC, Comverge and Johnson Controls. IPKeys and Landis+Gyr have joined as founding members as well. Former FERC Chairman Jon Wellinghoff will act as strategic counsel.
“This group will bring the demand response community together to leverage our resources and to work as one voice for sensible policy and regulation,” stated Rick Counihan of EnerNOC and chair of AEMA.
The mission of the AEMA is to advocate policies that compensate customers to manage their energy usage, in turn making the electric grid more efficient and less expensive.
Chairman Wellinghoff said, “While the markets for demand response and consumer engagement have evolved, especially during my tenure at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, we have a great deal of work left to do both at the federal and state level.”
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Combined Heat and Power
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings