Demand Response Providers Launch Trade Group
A new trade association has been formed to advocate for policies that favor demand response. The Advanced Energy Management Alliance (AEMA), is formed by demand response providers EnerNOC, Comverge and Johnson Controls. IPKeys and Landis+Gyr have joined as founding members as well. Former FERC Chairman Jon Wellinghoff will act as strategic counsel.
“This group will bring the demand response community together to leverage our resources and to work as one voice for sensible policy and regulation,” stated Rick Counihan of EnerNOC and chair of AEMA.
The mission of the AEMA is to advocate policies that compensate customers to manage their energy usage, in turn making the electric grid more efficient and less expensive.
Chairman Wellinghoff said, “While the markets for demand response and consumer engagement have evolved, especially during my tenure at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, we have a great deal of work left to do both at the federal and state level.”
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement