Demand Response Industry Report
EnerKol Research published a report last week that shows historic and forecasted growth in demand response (DR) and provides guides for both DR providers and beneficiaries across different regions. The report, as suggested by the title, Demand Response to Grow Under Alternative Scenarios Regardless of FERC 745 Outcome, explores multiple scenarios that could play out in DR markets.
A summary of the report from Breaking Energy says that the effect will vary by the structure and enrollment of DR in different markets. The PJM region, which covers states in the Mid-Atlantic and Midwest, is set to make $20 billion in DR capacity payments and could see the greatest disruption.
The chart below shows how many MW of DR resources participated in capacity markets from 2009 to 2014 in PJM, ISO-New England, NYISO, and MISO. Based on the data in the chart, DR serves as an important capacity resource in PJM and ISO-New England—and can provide DR participants with attractive pricing. In NYISO, DR program participation has decreased in recent years, while it never took off in MISO.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future