Demand Response for Restaurants, Retail
EnTouch Controls launched the Advanced Peak Energy Management service to enable restaurant and retail facilities to reduce monthly energy spending by curtailing the amount of energy used during peak demand hours.
Peak demand occurs during the highest point of consumption, and often lasts for a half hour or more during the day, says EnTouch. The timing of peak demand events is difficult to identify and can fluctuate throughout the week or month, especially during winter and summer months.
The Advanced Peak Energy Management service leverages the EnTouch360° demand response (DR) service, which provides a complete energy management system (EMS) with a full-time team of dedicated energy analysts to monitor and adjust the service as necessary and to work with the facilities team to prioritize alerts and preventative maintenance. The EnTouch360° building control platform is OpenADR 2.0 certified, which makes it possible for restaurant and retail facilities to receive electrical rate information and participate in demand response and peak demand programs.
The EnTouch Advanced Peak Energy Management service coordinates the operation of each HVAC system across all facilities, and up to 10 percent of kWh can be reduced by using a non-aggressive Peak Energy Management program to avoid negatively affecting guest comfort. Restaurants and retailers potentially could save up to 35 percent or more of kWh used during a peak demand event.
Photo of restaurant via Shutterstock
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future