Demand Response Signup in PJM (Mid-Atlantic/Midwest)
Demand response signup is open until the middle of May in the PJM Interconnection region, an area that covers the Mid-Atlantic and part of the Midwest. According to the Ohio Manufacturing Association, Ohio customers located in the FirstEnergy service territory can receive incentives of $1,000 per 100 kW, while those in the Duke, AEP and DP&L territories can receive $450 per 100 kW. Manufacturers who participate typically take an approach that either (1) curtails energy-intensive manufacturing activities when needed or (2) involves reducing usage of non-critical systems like HVAC and lighting.
Customers interested in participating should consider reading PJM’s fact sheet titled “Retail Electricity Consumer Opportunities for Demand Response in PJM’s Wholesale Markets.” PJM also released its most recent monthly Demand Response Activity Report on April 10, which includes monthly data on demand response payments and deployment across the region.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection