Denmark to Establish $1B Green Fund
Denmark will form a nearly $1 billion green fund in an effort to reduce energy use, fund renewable energy projects and create jobs.
The country’s finance minister Bjarne Corydon announced the government’s plans to create the Denmark Green Investment Fund this week, reported the Wall Street Journal. The fund will initially provide 2 billion kroner ($365 million) in government guarantees designed to attract investments from pension funds and other private institutions. Under the deal, another 3 billion kroner in government guarantees can be added in a later phase.
The UK has created a similar green investment fund , reported the Wall Street Journal. Several U.S. states such as New York also have formed green banks to help finance energy projects. In February, the New York Green Bank began seeking proposals from private sector stakeholders that facilitate the financing of creditworthy clean-energy projects in New York State.
The NY Green Bank was formed to facilitate private market financing of renewable energy and energy efficiency projects that have difficulty accessing financing due to market barriers. Eligible proposers include energy service companies, developers, equipment manufacturers or others that provide equipment, materials and/or services related to renewable energy and energy efficiency projects along with financial institutions or other third-party capital providers that are financing, or intending to finance, such projects.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Combined Heat and Power
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management