Denver Schools Do Demand Response With EnerNOC
Denver Public Schools has deployed EnerNOC’s DemandSmart and EfficiencySmart Insight applications across the school district’s 24 facilities, totaling 4.5 million square feet.
DemandSmart enables the school district to reduce energy use during periods of peak demand and receive payments through Xcel Colorado’s Demand Response (DR) Program, while EfficiencySmart Insight proactively identifies energy savings opportunities.
Denver Mayor Michael Hancock recently challenged those in the Denver metro area – including private building owners, nonprofit organizations, and Denver Public Schools – to respond to the 2011 White House call to improve energy performance by a minimum of 20 percent by 2020 across 1.6 billion square feet of office, industrial, municipal, hospital, university, and school building space. DPS has chosen to answer the call by deploying EnerNOC’s energy management software.
EfficiencySmart Insight is a cloud-based energy management solution that continuously analyzes energy data and identifies operational inefficiencies. It also includes EnerNOC analyst support that advises the schools on appropriate low- and no-cost energy efficiency measures, such as strategies for avoiding peak demand charges, smarter start-up and night-setback schedules, and other changes that can have a meaningful impact on annual energy spend.
EnerNOC also is active with Open Automatic Demand Response (OpenADR). Its Site Server, which collects meter data from end users and streams it back to EnerNOC’s Network Operations Center has been certified by the OpenADR Alliance for compliance with its latest specification, OpenADR 2.0a.
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Combined Heat and Power
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Connected Buildings, Connected People: A Look to the Future
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies