Denver Schools Do Demand Response With EnerNOC
Denver Public Schools has deployed EnerNOC’s DemandSmart and EfficiencySmart Insight applications across the school district’s 24 facilities, totaling 4.5 million square feet.
DemandSmart enables the school district to reduce energy use during periods of peak demand and receive payments through Xcel Colorado’s Demand Response (DR) Program, while EfficiencySmart Insight proactively identifies energy savings opportunities.
Denver Mayor Michael Hancock recently challenged those in the Denver metro area – including private building owners, nonprofit organizations, and Denver Public Schools – to respond to the 2011 White House call to improve energy performance by a minimum of 20 percent by 2020 across 1.6 billion square feet of office, industrial, municipal, hospital, university, and school building space. DPS has chosen to answer the call by deploying EnerNOC’s energy management software.
EfficiencySmart Insight is a cloud-based energy management solution that continuously analyzes energy data and identifies operational inefficiencies. It also includes EnerNOC analyst support that advises the schools on appropriate low- and no-cost energy efficiency measures, such as strategies for avoiding peak demand charges, smarter start-up and night-setback schedules, and other changes that can have a meaningful impact on annual energy spend.
EnerNOC also is active with Open Automatic Demand Response (OpenADR). Its Site Server, which collects meter data from end users and streams it back to EnerNOC’s Network Operations Center has been certified by the OpenADR Alliance for compliance with its latest specification, OpenADR 2.0a.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds