Carpet Emits Light from LEDs
Phillips and carpet company Desso have joined forces to develop LED-lit light transmissive carpet.
The companies say that the LED light emitting carpets will provide many benefits such as:
>Guiding people around buildings, including safety exits and routes
>Enhancing the ambiance of the interior of buildings, combining lighting with design and color
>Helping to de-clutter spaces by making information visible only when needed.
The product is designed for high-traffic areas and comes in different colors, shapes and sizes – enabling flexible application of the new technology.
The partnership is an agreement to work exclusively together in developing the European, Middle Eastern and African markets. In addition, a joint development agreement has been signed focusing on the integration of this product into new and existing buildings. The product name will be revealed in 2014 as part of the full go-to-market launch.
Desso changed its business model in 2008 and started to only design products that are 100 percent biodegradable or can be entirely recycled to provide raw materials for new products – a practice that helped it win the 2012 Guardian Sustainable Business Award for waste and recycling.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends