Carpet Emits Light from LEDs
Phillips and carpet company Desso have joined forces to develop LED-lit light transmissive carpet.
The companies say that the LED light emitting carpets will provide many benefits such as:
>Guiding people around buildings, including safety exits and routes
>Enhancing the ambiance of the interior of buildings, combining lighting with design and color
>Helping to de-clutter spaces by making information visible only when needed.
The product is designed for high-traffic areas and comes in different colors, shapes and sizes – enabling flexible application of the new technology.
The partnership is an agreement to work exclusively together in developing the European, Middle Eastern and African markets. In addition, a joint development agreement has been signed focusing on the integration of this product into new and existing buildings. The product name will be revealed in 2014 as part of the full go-to-market launch.
Desso changed its business model in 2008 and started to only design products that are 100 percent biodegradable or can be entirely recycled to provide raw materials for new products – a practice that helped it win the 2012 Guardian Sustainable Business Award for waste and recycling.
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Combined Heat and Power
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Connected Buildings, Connected People: A Look to the Future
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies