Carpet Emits Light from LEDs
Phillips and carpet company Desso have joined forces to develop LED-lit light transmissive carpet.
The companies say that the LED light emitting carpets will provide many benefits such as:
>Guiding people around buildings, including safety exits and routes
>Enhancing the ambiance of the interior of buildings, combining lighting with design and color
>Helping to de-clutter spaces by making information visible only when needed.
The product is designed for high-traffic areas and comes in different colors, shapes and sizes – enabling flexible application of the new technology.
The partnership is an agreement to work exclusively together in developing the European, Middle Eastern and African markets. In addition, a joint development agreement has been signed focusing on the integration of this product into new and existing buildings. The product name will be revealed in 2014 as part of the full go-to-market launch.
Desso changed its business model in 2008 and started to only design products that are 100 percent biodegradable or can be entirely recycled to provide raw materials for new products – a practice that helped it win the 2012 Guardian Sustainable Business Award for waste and recycling.
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Descriptive, Predictive, Prescriptive: Transforming Asset and Facilities Management with Analytics
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room