Detroit Airport Saves $1.2M Per Year with LEDs
Eaton’s Cooper Lighting division’s LED luminaires are replacing 6,050 existing parking garage fixtures at the Detroit Metropolitan Airport. The conversion will result in a 66 percent reduction in power consumption with an anticipated overall energy and maintenance savings of about $1.2 million annually.
Consuming 60 watts, the McGraw-Edison Valet LED fixtures are replacing 1,200 existing 210-watt, metal halide fixtures in the Blue Deck parking garage and 4,800 fixtures in McNamara Terminal Parking Structure. The Ventus LED pole-mounted fixtures are being installed on the upper open decks.
The fixtures are estimated to reduce annual energy consumption by more than 7,345,000 kWh. In addition, the LED products incorporate Cooper Lighting’s LumaWatt Outdoor Wireless Control and Monitoring System, which manages the lighting levels according to pedestrian and traffic safety needs.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Integrated Building Optimization
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement