Detroit Airport Saves $1.2M Per Year with LEDs
Eaton’s Cooper Lighting division’s LED luminaires are replacing 6,050 existing parking garage fixtures at the Detroit Metropolitan Airport. The conversion will result in a 66 percent reduction in power consumption with an anticipated overall energy and maintenance savings of about $1.2 million annually.
Consuming 60 watts, the McGraw-Edison Valet LED fixtures are replacing 1,200 existing 210-watt, metal halide fixtures in the Blue Deck parking garage and 4,800 fixtures in McNamara Terminal Parking Structure. The Ventus LED pole-mounted fixtures are being installed on the upper open decks.
The fixtures are estimated to reduce annual energy consumption by more than 7,345,000 kWh. In addition, the LED products incorporate Cooper Lighting’s LumaWatt Outdoor Wireless Control and Monitoring System, which manages the lighting levels according to pedestrian and traffic safety needs.
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement