Detroit Gets PACE Financing
Wayne County, Mich., which includes the City of Detroit, is going to create a Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) district that will assist business owners in financing energy efficiency improvements.
Wayne County says it will be the largest local government outside of California to create a PACE district. Wayne County becomes the fifth county and seventh local government to join the statewide Lean & Green Michigan PACE program run by Levin Energy Partners.
The statewide PACE program is structured to allow every municipality to join after holding a public hearing and passing a resolution of intent and adoption. Huron, Ingham, Macomb, Saginaw, and Wayne Counties and the Cities of Rochester Hills and Southfield have all joined the program.
The commercial PACE market is growing, and to date nearly $52 million worth of sustainable upgrades to commercial buildings have been funded with PACE, according to PACENow, which is supporting and contributing to the efforts of the many groups and organizations using PACE.
State law allows local governments to create PACE programs where commercial property owners can take on voluntary special assessments to finance energy efficiency improvements. The financing is secured by the local government’s property tax authority.
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement