Device Extends Battery Life up to 800%
According to Batteroo, most devices only tap 20 percent of a battery’s energy before the device stops functioning, and the batteries are thrown in the trash. Batteroo’s Batteriser lets users tap into the remaining 80 percent of energy in a battery.
Batteriser is a reusable sleeve that slips over new and most used batteries. The sleeve is crafted from stainless-steel at less than .1 millimeters thin. It slips over the battery and fits back into the device. The sleeve makes contact with the positive and negative ends of a common battery to access untapped remaining energy at a steady state system voltage.
Batteriser will be available for AA, AAA, C, and D-cell batteries. Retail prices will start at under $10.00 for a four pack of Batteriser sleeves.
Batteroo Corporation was cofounded by Bob Roohparvar PhD, a professor at California State University, East Bay, teaching computer science and computer engineering courses.
Dr. Kiumars Parvin, Professor of Physics at San Jose State University said, “We tested the Batteriser sleeve in our lab and we confirmed that the Batteriser taps into the 80 percent of energy that is usually thrown away.”
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- There’s Money in the Trash