Device Plugs Into Streetlights to Save Energy
Muni-Fed Energy has delivered 1,300 LiteOwl energy-savings devices for streetlights to the City of Moreno Valley, Calif.
The LiteOwl sits atop any standard Cobra-style lighting fixture that has a standard NEMA socket for a photocell. The LiteOwl is placed between the fixture and the photocell, no tools needed. When the lamp is activated, the LiteOwl supplies full power until the lamp achieves full brightness, then it drops the power down to a level that saves about 25 percent of the energy.
Fulfillment of this LiteOwl delivery to the City of Moreno Valley signifies the beginning of mass production and distribution of the technology. Through its manufacturing partner, Probe Manufacturing, the product is now available for orders and delivery throughout the US.
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity