Device Plugs Into Streetlights to Save Energy
Muni-Fed Energy has delivered 1,300 LiteOwl energy-savings devices for streetlights to the City of Moreno Valley, Calif.
The LiteOwl sits atop any standard Cobra-style lighting fixture that has a standard NEMA socket for a photocell. The LiteOwl is placed between the fixture and the photocell, no tools needed. When the lamp is activated, the LiteOwl supplies full power until the lamp achieves full brightness, then it drops the power down to a level that saves about 25 percent of the energy.
Fulfillment of this LiteOwl delivery to the City of Moreno Valley signifies the beginning of mass production and distribution of the technology. Through its manufacturing partner, Probe Manufacturing, the product is now available for orders and delivery throughout the US.
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement