Diageo Headquarters Transitions to 100% Renewable Electricity
Alcoholic beverage maker Diageo is getting 100 percent of its power from renewable sources at its North American headquarters in Norwalk, Conn.
Diageo’s Norwalk office joins three of the company’s other sites, including Plainfield, Ill., Relay, Md., and Tullahoma, Tenn., in using 100 percent renewable electricity. In addition, 50 percent of all the electricity Diageo uses globally now comes from low-carbon sources.
Besides converting to renewable energy sources in its offices, the company is using other approaches, including the generation of renewable energy at its production sites using by-products; purchasing carbon offsets for its fleet of commercial vehicles; and improvements in energy efficiency across all of its operations.
Diageo’s facility in Norwalk has earned an Energy Star from the US Environmental Protection Agency, and the building is currently being assessed for LEED certification. Occupancy sensor lighting, maximization of natural light and optimal settings for heating and cooling also helped to deliver overall reductions in energy use.
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- The Top 5 Things You Should Know about Big Energy Data
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement