Diageo Headquarters Transitions to 100% Renewable Electricity
Alcoholic beverage maker Diageo is getting 100 percent of its power from renewable sources at its North American headquarters in Norwalk, Conn.
Diageo’s Norwalk office joins three of the company’s other sites, including Plainfield, Ill., Relay, Md., and Tullahoma, Tenn., in using 100 percent renewable electricity. In addition, 50 percent of all the electricity Diageo uses globally now comes from low-carbon sources.
Besides converting to renewable energy sources in its offices, the company is using other approaches, including the generation of renewable energy at its production sites using by-products; purchasing carbon offsets for its fleet of commercial vehicles; and improvements in energy efficiency across all of its operations.
Diageo’s facility in Norwalk has earned an Energy Star from the US Environmental Protection Agency, and the building is currently being assessed for LEED certification. Occupancy sensor lighting, maximization of natural light and optimal settings for heating and cooling also helped to deliver overall reductions in energy use.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Combined Heat and Power
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management