Diageo Headquarters Transitions to 100% Renewable Electricity
Alcoholic beverage maker Diageo is getting 100 percent of its power from renewable sources at its North American headquarters in Norwalk, Conn.
Diageo’s Norwalk office joins three of the company’s other sites, including Plainfield, Ill., Relay, Md., and Tullahoma, Tenn., in using 100 percent renewable electricity. In addition, 50 percent of all the electricity Diageo uses globally now comes from low-carbon sources.
Besides converting to renewable energy sources in its offices, the company is using other approaches, including the generation of renewable energy at its production sites using by-products; purchasing carbon offsets for its fleet of commercial vehicles; and improvements in energy efficiency across all of its operations.
Diageo’s facility in Norwalk has earned an Energy Star from the US Environmental Protection Agency, and the building is currently being assessed for LEED certification. Occupancy sensor lighting, maximization of natural light and optimal settings for heating and cooling also helped to deliver overall reductions in energy use.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- 4 Reasons Operations Teams Can’t Live Without Real-Time Building Data
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management