Diageo Purchases Natural Gas Sourced from Landfill
Diageo, a wine, beer and spirits company, expanded its commitment to purchase natural gas in Canada from Bullfrog Power. Diageo extended its existing commitment to purchase natural gas for its Gimli, Manitoba, facility and will also now purchase natural gas for its Valleyfield, Quebec, location. Both facilities are committed through 2016.
Sourced from a methane-capture project situated on a landfill site, Bullfrog Power captures the biogas, cleans it, and injects it onto Canada’s national natural gas pipeline.
Through it agreements with Diageo, Bullfrog Power’s producers will inject natural gas onto the Canadian natural gas pipeline system to match the amount of natural gas that Diageo’s Gimli and Valleyfield sites use.
Diageo began purchasing natural gas from Bullfrog Power for its Gimli facility in 2013. The Gimli site is Diageo North America’s largest distillery and the home of Canada’s Crown Royal Whiskey. The Valleyfield site distills and bottles a range of other Diageo brands.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Energy Financing Report
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management