Digital Lumens Lighting Retrofit Eliminates Maintenance Costs, Reduces Lighting Usage by 90%
A lighting retrofit project implemented at Dassault Falcon Jet Corp.’s distribution center delivered a 90% reduction in lighting energy usage annually, leading to more than $53K in annual energy costs. The upgrade also reduced maintenance needed, providing an additional $9,250 in annual savings.
Dassault Falcon Jet Corp., a subsidiary of Dassault Aviation, needed an efficient replacement for the legacy lighting – a combination of metal halides and T8 fluorescents – that were driving up energy and maintenance costs. The lighting retrofit project focused on finding a replacement solution that would maximize energy savings, improve light quality, illuminate all facility areas, and minimize maintenance costs.
Dassault Falcon Jet chose Digital Lumens Intelligent LED Lighting Systems to replace legacy lighting. “This was a unique project because of the range of activity. Our goal was to provide the facility with a solution that could save the most energy, while also meeting light-level requirements of 30 to 45 foot-candles,” explained Jim LaCanna of BPL Carbon Free Solutions, a Digital Lumens authorized partner. “Certain areas inside the plant needed more lights to stay on, so scheduling capabilities and the ability to dim the lights based on activity was a critical element of a successful solution for the team.”
Thanks to compelling results including a 90% reduction in lighting energy usage annually, a $53,691 savings in annual energy costs, an additional $9,251 in annual savings from eliminating maintenance costs, and a savings of 547,868 kWh per year, Dassault Falcon Jet now recognizes the value in controls and in being able to adjust lighting settings to meet facility needs.
Digital Lumens published a white paper detailing the steps of the project. For more information on how Dassault implemented the lighting retrofit, download the white paper here.
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles