Digital Lumens, SchahlLED Announce Project Results
Digital Lumens and the German firm SchahlLED Lighting today announced results from its deployment of an LED lighting system for GEODIS, an international transportation and logistics service provider.
The press release says that the system will be deployed at GEODIS’ Asset Recovery Center in Nieder-Olm, Germany. The system has saved the company 70,000 EUR during the first year. The intelligently-controlled system was first installed in a three-year-old building that had had legacy T5 lighting. The LED with LightRules software will enable a return-on-investment of three-and-a-half years, the release said.
The release said that dimming the lights when the facility is empty increased the lifespan from 66,000 hours to 260,000 hours, which could be as long as 40 years.
Intelligent LED installations – such as the project announced last month by Current and JPMorgan Chase & Company – are a key to smart cities and related value-added use of the infrastructure, according to analysts.
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology