Digital Lumens, Schneider Electric Partner on IoT
Digital Lumens and Schneider Electric are partnering on an Internet of Things (IoT) initiative.
Digital Lumens says that the arrangement will allow Schneider Electric’s customers to benefit from IoT environments in buildings via its sensor-based connected lighting and next-generation analytic platforms.
The deal focuses on the provisioning of support from Schneider Electric’s SmartStruxture product for Digital Lumens’ sensors and software. These added capabilities will allow Digital Lumens’ LightRules platform to optimize and improve HVAC, security, energy management and other systems. The use of lighting as a base of operations is expected by the company to greatly expand these management and control capabilities.
The IoT is providing myriad opportunities – as well as myriad choices and challenges – to vendors and building management. A raft of new products and approaches, such as the SuperGrid from N2 Global Solutions, will become available. There likely will be a killer app. The hard part is guessing which one it is.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- There’s Money in the Trash