Digital Lumens, Schneider Electric Partner on IoT
Digital Lumens and Schneider Electric are partnering on an Internet of Things (IoT) initiative.
Digital Lumens says that the arrangement will allow Schneider Electric’s customers to benefit from IoT environments in buildings via its sensor-based connected lighting and next-generation analytic platforms.
The deal focuses on the provisioning of support from Schneider Electric’s SmartStruxture product for Digital Lumens’ sensors and software. These added capabilities will allow Digital Lumens’ LightRules platform to optimize and improve HVAC, security, energy management and other systems. The use of lighting as a base of operations is expected by the company to greatly expand these management and control capabilities.
The IoT is providing myriad opportunities – as well as myriad choices and challenges – to vendors and building management. A raft of new products and approaches, such as the SuperGrid from N2 Global Solutions, will become available. There likely will be a killer app. The hard part is guessing which one it is.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Planning for a Sustainable Future