Digital Lumens, Schneider Electric Partner on IoT
Digital Lumens and Schneider Electric are partnering on an Internet of Things (IoT) initiative.
Digital Lumens says that the arrangement will allow Schneider Electric’s customers to benefit from IoT environments in buildings via its sensor-based connected lighting and next-generation analytic platforms.
The deal focuses on the provisioning of support from Schneider Electric’s SmartStruxture product for Digital Lumens’ sensors and software. These added capabilities will allow Digital Lumens’ LightRules platform to optimize and improve HVAC, security, energy management and other systems. The use of lighting as a base of operations is expected by the company to greatly expand these management and control capabilities.
The IoT is providing myriad opportunities – as well as myriad choices and challenges – to vendors and building management. A raft of new products and approaches, such as the SuperGrid from N2 Global Solutions, will become available. There likely will be a killer app. The hard part is guessing which one it is.
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control