Digital Realty Gives RECs to Data Center Clients
Digital Realty clients that sign a qualifying new lease will automatically receive RECs commensurate with the electricity they consume during the first year of their lease. This sustainability initiative comes as part of a broader effort by Digital Realty to encourage greener practices in the data center industry.
The global program is available to clients who sign qualified leases with a term of at least 12 months for space in any Digital Realty location on or after January 21, 2015. After the first year of the lease term, clients can choose to pay to continue receiving RECs through the program, or opt out. RECs will be sourced near data center sites wherever feasible.
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year