Digital Realty Outlines Energy Saving Efforts
The data center provider Digital Realty Trust announced updates to its sustainability initiatives related to saving energy. In late 2014, Digital Realty joined the Better Buildings Challenge, a Department of Energy initiative to improve energy efficiency in data centers by 20 percent by 2020.
Paul Finch, Digital Realty’s Senior Technical Director, holds one of 16 voting positions with ASHRAE on the Technical Committee for Mission Critical Facilities, Data Centers, Technology Spaces and Electronic Equipment.
For calendar year 2014, Digital Realty’s portfolio average fuel mix contained 22 percent renewables; the company is working with power suppliers and clients to meet its long-term goal of powering its data centers with 100 percent renewable energy.
Also, Digital Realty recently became a signatory to the Corporate Renewable Energy Buyers’ Principles, developed jointly by the World Wildlife Fund and the World Resources Institute.
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- There’s Money in the Trash