Dimmable LED Doesn’t Need a Dimmer
Nanoleaf is running a Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign for its invention of a dimmable LED bulb – the Nanoleaf Bloom – that doesn’t require a dimmer.
The company says with its patented technology, it has been able to transform the switching of a regular light switch into a control signal for the 75-watt replacement LED.
Nanoleaf says that dimming a light bulb can cut down on energy consumption, but there are far more regular light switches than dimmable ones. The Nanoleaf Bloom has the dimming function built directly inside the light bulb, allowing it to be dimmed in any regular light fixture, using just a regular on/off light switch.
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement