Dimmable LED Doesn’t Need a Dimmer
Nanoleaf is running a Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign for its invention of a dimmable LED bulb – the Nanoleaf Bloom – that doesn’t require a dimmer.
The company says with its patented technology, it has been able to transform the switching of a regular light switch into a control signal for the 75-watt replacement LED.
Nanoleaf says that dimming a light bulb can cut down on energy consumption, but there are far more regular light switches than dimmable ones. The Nanoleaf Bloom has the dimming function built directly inside the light bulb, allowing it to be dimmed in any regular light fixture, using just a regular on/off light switch.
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software