Dimmable LED Doesn’t Need a Dimmer
Nanoleaf is running a Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign for its invention of a dimmable LED bulb – the Nanoleaf Bloom – that doesn’t require a dimmer.
The company says with its patented technology, it has been able to transform the switching of a regular light switch into a control signal for the 75-watt replacement LED.
Nanoleaf says that dimming a light bulb can cut down on energy consumption, but there are far more regular light switches than dimmable ones. The Nanoleaf Bloom has the dimming function built directly inside the light bulb, allowing it to be dimmed in any regular light fixture, using just a regular on/off light switch.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- 4 Reasons Operations Teams Can’t Live Without Real-Time Building Data
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management