Direct Energy Business Partners with BuildingIQ
Direct Energy signed a partnership agreement with BuildingIQ to offer its cloud-based software to Direct Energy Business customers to reduce heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) energy in commercial buildings.
Direct Energy provides HVAC services. BuildingIQ’s software uses algorithms to learn a building’s patterns and to develop a model to improve the building’s HVAC energy performance.
BuildingIQ’s software works with a building’s management system to automatically fine tune temperature and pressure set points. The software continuously obtains data on the local weather forecast, the occupancy for the building, energy prices, tariffs, and demand response signals. Based on these inputs, it runs thousands of simulations to arrive at the most efficient HVAC operating strategy for the next 24 hours.
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement