Direct Energy Business Partners with BuildingIQ
Direct Energy signed a partnership agreement with BuildingIQ to offer its cloud-based software to Direct Energy Business customers to reduce heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) energy in commercial buildings.
Direct Energy provides HVAC services. BuildingIQ’s software uses algorithms to learn a building’s patterns and to develop a model to improve the building’s HVAC energy performance.
BuildingIQ’s software works with a building’s management system to automatically fine tune temperature and pressure set points. The software continuously obtains data on the local weather forecast, the occupancy for the building, energy prices, tariffs, and demand response signals. Based on these inputs, it runs thousands of simulations to arrive at the most efficient HVAC operating strategy for the next 24 hours.
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management