Direct Energy Expands Energy Services Portfolio
Direct Energy Business has more than 250,000 North American business customers and has been rolling out a portfolio of devices and software to help businesses save energy.
Earlier this month, Direct Energy announced a partnership with Nest Labs to offer a Nest thermostat to small businesses in conjunction with a fixed rate for electricity from Direct Energy over a set period.
Todd Sandford, VP of energy solutions at Direct Energy Business, said digital thermostats are widely installed in homes and businesses “but rarely used.” Part of the allure of the Nest thermostat is that the device learns the occupants’ schedule, and it’s also easy for customers to remotely adjust the thermostat.
“On the business side, we are actively growing in the types of services, beyond just electricity and gas, that we provide,” said Sandford. Some of Direct Energy’s recent energy management moves:
Earlier his month Direct Energy filed a trademark application for “Efficiency Edge,” which the company says is for “consulting services in the field of energy consumption, energy efficiency, equipment upgrades, capital improvements, and usage conservation to improve energy efficiency and reduce energy consumption and maintenance costs; Conducting energy audits and assessments of commercial properties for making recommendations to improve energy efficiency and reduce energy consumption and maintenance costs.”
Direct Energy signed a partnership agreement with BuildingIQ to offer its cloud-based software to Direct Energy Business customers to reduce heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) energy in commercial buildings.
Direct Energy Business also recently entered into a partnership with Panoramic Power to offer device-level energy monitoring and analytics to business customers. The self-powered miniature wireless current sensors monitor energy consumption at the individual circuit breaker level and link energy data to the cloud in real-time.
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide