Direct Energy Expands Energy Services Portfolio
Direct Energy Business has more than 250,000 North American business customers and has been rolling out a portfolio of devices and software to help businesses save energy.
Earlier this month, Direct Energy announced a partnership with Nest Labs to offer a Nest thermostat to small businesses in conjunction with a fixed rate for electricity from Direct Energy over a set period.
Todd Sandford, VP of energy solutions at Direct Energy Business, said digital thermostats are widely installed in homes and businesses “but rarely used.” Part of the allure of the Nest thermostat is that the device learns the occupants’ schedule, and it’s also easy for customers to remotely adjust the thermostat.
“On the business side, we are actively growing in the types of services, beyond just electricity and gas, that we provide,” said Sandford. Some of Direct Energy’s recent energy management moves:
Earlier his month Direct Energy filed a trademark application for “Efficiency Edge,” which the company says is for “consulting services in the field of energy consumption, energy efficiency, equipment upgrades, capital improvements, and usage conservation to improve energy efficiency and reduce energy consumption and maintenance costs; Conducting energy audits and assessments of commercial properties for making recommendations to improve energy efficiency and reduce energy consumption and maintenance costs.”
Direct Energy signed a partnership agreement with BuildingIQ to offer its cloud-based software to Direct Energy Business customers to reduce heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) energy in commercial buildings.
Direct Energy Business also recently entered into a partnership with Panoramic Power to offer device-level energy monitoring and analytics to business customers. The self-powered miniature wireless current sensors monitor energy consumption at the individual circuit breaker level and link energy data to the cloud in real-time.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Building Energy Intelligence
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management