Direct Energy Rolls Out Demand Response from Siemens
Siemens Smart Grid has signed a contract with Direct Energy to install a Demand Response Management System (DRMS) that Direct Energy can use for multiple Independent System Operators (ISOs).
As a retail utility, Direct Energy will roll out the Siemens DRMS to manage its existing load commitments in multiple ISO regions, including PJM, ISO-NE, ERCOT and NYISO.
The companies say the deal represents Siemens’ largest demand response project in the world.
The coordinating element of Siemens DRMS helps keep a balance between supply and demand. Siemens DRMS will integrate with sub-metering devices located at each Direct Energy utility account and collect consumption data. Direct Energy can then use the information to better determine the amount of energy it needs to transact into the marketplace.
Direct Energy currently offers demand response programs in the US but with Siemens’ integrated DRMS, Direct Energy will be able to expand its offering of various demand management programs throughout the US and Canada.
Integration of the DRMS will be supported by OMNETRIC Group, a Siemens and Accenture Company.
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?