DNV GL Buys PV Evolution Labs
Testing and certification company DNV GL is acquiring PV Evolution Labs (PVEL), a provider of PV solar module technical due diligence testing services in the United States.
PVEL has laboratory and outdoor test facilities to evaluate solar panels and other solar system components. DNV GL says PVEL’s lab and field-testing capabilities complement its services to clients who finance, develop and operate PV power plants.
DNV GL is the recently merged company in which four energy brands are combined: DNV, KEMA, Garrad Hassan and GL Renewables Certification. In the solar market, DNV GL already provides independent engineering, owner’s engineering, technology review, design assistance and operating asset management.
The solar market saw its best year ever in 2013. The US installed 4,751 MW of solar PV in 2013, up 41 percent over 2012 and nearly 15 times the amount installed in 2008, according to GTM Research and the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) new report “2013 Year-in-Review US Solar Market Insight.”
- Integrated Building Optimization
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement