DNV GL Buys PV Evolution Labs
Testing and certification company DNV GL is acquiring PV Evolution Labs (PVEL), a provider of PV solar module technical due diligence testing services in the United States.
PVEL has laboratory and outdoor test facilities to evaluate solar panels and other solar system components. DNV GL says PVEL’s lab and field-testing capabilities complement its services to clients who finance, develop and operate PV power plants.
DNV GL is the recently merged company in which four energy brands are combined: DNV, KEMA, Garrad Hassan and GL Renewables Certification. In the solar market, DNV GL already provides independent engineering, owner’s engineering, technology review, design assistance and operating asset management.
The solar market saw its best year ever in 2013. The US installed 4,751 MW of solar PV in 2013, up 41 percent over 2012 and nearly 15 times the amount installed in 2008, according to GTM Research and the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) new report “2013 Year-in-Review US Solar Market Insight.”
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards