DOE Names Outdoor LED Lighting Winners
Six entries, covering six different outdoor lighting types, were designated as Best in Class in the Department of Energy’s 2013 Next Generation Luminaires Design Competition – outdoor lighting category:
Juno Lighting Group: Awarded Best in Class for its PL2 series bollard.
LED Roadway Lighting: Awarded Best in Class for its NXT-S local residential roadway fixture.
Juno Lighting Group: Awarded Best in Class for its Finia building perimeter wallpack.
Cooper Lighting by Eaton: Awarded Best in Class for its McGraw-Edison Top Tier parking and area luminaire.
Cree: Awarded Best in Class for its CPY250 canopy luminaire.
Louis Poulsen Lighting: Awarded Best in Class for its LP ICON LED pedestrian walkway fixture.
The competition, sponsored by the Energy Department, the Illuminating Engineering Society of North America and the International Association of Lighting Designers, was launched in 2008 to promote excellence in the design of energy-efficient light-emitting diode (LED) commercial lighting fixtures. A panel of six judges, drawn from the architectural lighting community, evaluated the entries in December at the Virginia Tech Transportation Institute in Blacksburg, Va., on characteristics such as lighting quality, appearance, serviceability, efficacy and value. The panel evaluated 68 entries from 41 manufacturers.
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement