DOE Names Winners of LED Design Competition
The Energy Department announced winners of its seventh annual Next Generation Luminaires design competition for indoor and outdoor lighting.
The competition is sponsored by DOE, the Illuminating Engineering Society of North America and the International Association of Lighting Designers to promote excellence in the design of LED commercial lighting fixtures, or “luminaires.”
Twelve entries were designated as Outstanding in one or more evaluation categories:
- Selux Corporation (Highland, New York): Awarded Outstanding for Dimming for its Kju decorative pendant luminaire, Outstanding for Serviceability for its M36 LED My White color-tuning luminaire, and Outstanding for Versatility for its Olivio LED Sistema 2 pole-mounted pedestrian-scale luminaire.
- Finelite (Union City, California): Awarded Outstanding for Serviceability for its HPR-LED 2×2 color-tuning luminaire, and Outstanding for User Interface for its FineTune System color-tuning system.
- USAI Lighting (New Windsor, New York): Awarded Outstanding for Dimming for its Max Output Warm Glow Dimming color-tuning luminaire.
- Juno Lighting Group (Des Plaines, Illinois): Awarded Outstanding for Dimming for its Indy L-Series LED Cylinder decorative pendant luminaire.
- Amerlux (Oakland, New Jersey): Awarded Outstanding for Efficacy for its Murro LED Wall Wash wall washing luminaire.
- Intense Lighting (Anaheim, California): Awarded Outstanding for Efficacy for its Gravity Cylinder decorative pendant luminaire.
- Louis Poulsen (Fort Lauderdale, Florida): Awarded Outstanding for Serviceability for its LP Circle Pendant decorative pendant luminaire.
- Landscape Forms (Kalamazoo, Michigan): Awarded Outstanding for Form Factor for its MultipliCITY LED Pathlight bollard.
- Cree (Durham, North Carolina): Awarded Outstanding for Innovation for its IG Series parking garage luminaire.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection