DOE Wants Small Businesses to Apply for Grants in Clean Energy Technologies
The Energy Department’s Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) is accepting grant applications from small businesses for some new topics under its Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Technology Transfer (STTR) program. Small businesses that win awards in these programs keep the rights to any technologies they develop and are encouraged to commercialize them.
EERE recently announced new topics for grant monies including:
- Integrating Energy Efficient Solid-state Lighting with Advanced Sensors and Controls
- Prototype Fuel Cell-Battery Electric Hybrid Truck for Waste Transportation
- Software Tools for Photovoltaic Soft Cost Reductions and Grid Integration
- US Offshore Wind Personnel and Equipment Transfer Systems
- Novel Membranes and Non-Platinum Group Metal Catalysts for Direct Methanol Fuel Cells.
The SBIR/STTR application process starts with a Letter of Intent, which eligible businesses must file by December 16, 2013. In addition, an information webinar on the topics will be held November 4, from 1 to 2:30 pm Eastern Time.
New this year, the EERE SBIR team is providing additional resources and support to potential SBIR/STTR applicants, with a focus on underserved populations. Minority- and woman-owned small businesses that seek to move their cutting-edge technologies to market are strongly encouraged to apply to the program.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Integrated Building Optimization
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement