Dow Chemical Procures 200 MW of Wind
Dow Chemical has signed a long-term agreement with a new wind farm currently under development in South Texas by a subsidiary of Bordas Wind Energy, a joint venture between MAP and Enerverse. The wind farm, to be complete in first quarter 2016, will span nearly 35,000 acres and will supply Dow’s Freeport Texas Manufacturing facility with 200 MW of wind power annually.
With the deal, Dow says it will become the third largest corporate purchaser of wind energy in the United States. In addition, Dow is on track to meet its renewable energy goal as part of its Sustainability Goal commitments, including securing 400 MW of clean power by 2025. And, the company says the wind power will serve as a systemic hedge against both energy and power price volatility.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Planning for a Sustainable Future