Dow Meets – and Resets – Renewable Energy Target
The Dow Chemical Company has increased its 2025 clean energy target from 400 MW to 750 MW, according to the company.
Dow said that to achieve the goal it is partnering with NRG Energy and NRG Yield. The companies have entered a 10-year wind power purchase agreement for the 150 MW Goat Mountain I and II wind farms in Texas. These facilities will power Dow’s Freeport, TX facilities. The collaboration with NRG Energy will add 150 MW of renewable energy to bring the total to 500 MW.
The press release said that the initial target of the 2025 Sustainability Goals was 400 MW of clean power. That was set last year and has been met. The success led to the resetting of the target to 750 MW.
Dow last spring entered into a long-term agreement for a 200 MW wind farm under development in South Texas. The farm, which was being built by a subsidiary of Bordas Wind Energy, was slated for completion during the first quarter of this year.
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Let's Do The Math for DR