Downlight Collar Saves Energy for HID Lighting
Canada-based Eco-Shift Power has patented a Downlight Collar, which directs light from high intensity discharge (HID) lighting systems in a more efficient pattern.
Testing conducted by the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) has shown the Downlight Collar can improve efficiency by as much as 15 percent, depending on ceiling heights, says Eco-Shift Power.
The Downlight Collar is a reflective collar that improves thermal isolation of the HID lamp from the ballast. Reduced heat transfer facilitates longer component life, primarily for the ballast and lamp.
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement