Downlight Collar Saves Energy for HID Lighting
Canada-based Eco-Shift Power has patented a Downlight Collar, which directs light from high intensity discharge (HID) lighting systems in a more efficient pattern.
Testing conducted by the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) has shown the Downlight Collar can improve efficiency by as much as 15 percent, depending on ceiling heights, says Eco-Shift Power.
The Downlight Collar is a reflective collar that improves thermal isolation of the HID lamp from the ballast. Reduced heat transfer facilitates longer component life, primarily for the ballast and lamp.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers